Saturday, July 9, 2011

Sunday Snapshot 7

I'm being punished for crowing about what a beautiful, mild winter we were having! As I sit here, the rain/hail is battering at my window, the wind is shaking the house....
To cheer myself up I've picked this shot for my Sunday post this week.
I was spending the day on Capri, in late April. The weather was 
the complete opposite of what it is here at the moment!
This cheerful chap was having a break from the strenuous task of painting the benches in the Augustus Gardens, and was happy to say yes when I asked if I could take his photograph:


"The color of springtime is in the flowers, the color of winter is in the imagination." 
~Terri Guillemets

6 comments:

  1. We had thunder and lightning and gales etc last night. Still windy this morning but only occasional showers and I have managed a walk downtown and home again without getting wet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My brain still gives a little *pop* when you talk about it being winter right now, even if it is mild and calm. Sometimes it takes a second or two to remember that I'm talking to (or reading from) people on the other side of the planet. Someday, that realization will be second nature.
    Of course, we're in the middle of summer. It's been pretty hot here lately, 90+ F (33 C), and high humidity (47% is high for us, this time of year it's usually around 22%) is making it seem hotter.
    Anyway, good luck with the weather, and that's a great picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehe..cute picture and i love the colors

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah yes, lovely!..and the color he is/was painting is all over his clothes! He has the picture-perfect smile! What a lovely background too! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That will teach you to voice appreciation for the weather! I'm not even going to mention the (finally!) lovely summer days we are enjoying. Drat--I see a cloud. How nice that we balance each other in our seasons. I will look forward to your summer posts during winter here.

    ReplyDelete

It's great when you leave a note!