Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Afternoon light


About 10 years ago, a family of five left their home in Texas 
to settle in our small mining town. 

Nicholas Brumder, the father, is a long-time respected ironmonger who went on 
to set up a metal studio here. He has since produced beautifully crafted entrance 
gates, railings, lighting, furniture - and monumental and public works of art.


This afternoon our walk took Manu and me back to 'our' park. 
It was later in the day than we usually go for a walk, and the light was fading somewhat. 

One of the features here is a favourite sculpture of mine; it stands about 6 metres high
and depicts New Zealand native birds feeding from a Kowhai tree. 

My photos aren't very good, but they give an idea of the work.













I found the following photos online; 
they will give a better idea of the size and the beauty of this piece:














 






Last four photos: Waihi Metal Studio

6 comments:

  1. Wow, wow and wow.
    That would lift my spirits each and every time I saw it. Many thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It certainly lifts mine, EC!

    ReplyDelete
  3. His work is extraordinary, and your photos are most certainly lovely. Great to e-see you again: I've been missing our little blog world, and am so glad to see you still at it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carmi! It's great to see you again.

      Delete
  4. I love the tui in kowhai!Something a seek out if I'm ever "home" in spring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, dinahmow. I love his work - and tuis!

      Delete

It's great when you leave a note!