Sunday, April 26, 2020

Another day, another walk


Since our Lockdown began in earnest, nearly 5 weeks ago now, I have made sure to go 
for a walk every single day, even if the weather's blustery or damp.
I take my dog and off we go, for about an hour and a half's brisk outing. 
Manu is getting old now - he's 15 - but he still loves his walk, and 
keeps up with me the whole time. 

Today we came across some more lovely autumn colours at this park, 
about half an hour from home. 

The playground is closed off with safety tape; there are no "toy" sailing boats 
being manoeuvered  around the lake by the group of seniors who are usually here; 
even the public toilets are locked. 

But there are still ducks and geese enjoying the peace and quiet, and 
occasional dogs walking their owners.











 I like the way these fungi look, especially when they first pop up, 
but I'm not at all tempted to pick them.

 



Please click on the pics to embiggen them - they look better!


7 comments:

  1. Well things have changed, such as toilets locked, water fountains off, and I noticed yesterday that the boats still haven't returned to their dock locations. The marinas are empty, except for those of us out walking, especially with our pups. But one thing is certain, as your lovely photos show clearly this tragic virus is not going to take our beautiful surroundings within this beautiful world. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the quiet in the streets, and there are so many more birds around - it's great. I hope the hiatus will show more people that it's possible, and a good idea, to work from home.
      Take care and be well, Karen.

      Delete
  2. How very, very beautiful.
    I am playing in the garden - but I should probably walk as well.
    I hope that the people I see walking continue when our lockdown is lifted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think your 'playing' in the garden is probably hard work, EC. I enjoy walking, and get grumpy if something prevents me from getting out of the house for a while.

      Delete
  3. That is a lovely smattering of autumn colors among the green. It looks fresh and serene.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a beautiful morning, John. Lockdown has some compensations...

      Delete
  4. beautiful pothos, i love morning like this.
    5x5 closure

    ReplyDelete

It's great when you leave a note!