Tomorrow is the first day of the last term of our school year.
10 GOOD things about going back to school tomorrow:
- it is the last term of our school year!
- it is spring (although someone in the weather-dispatch department doesn't seem to have got his/her head around that yet)
- at the end of the term comes Christmas
- and our long summer vacation
- sometime in the next few weeks our new house will be handed over to us and we shall move in (theoretically, November 3rd. Watch this space)
- it will be great to leave the rented house we have been in since we sold our old house in March
- for Christmas, my daughter, her husband and their 2 children will be home from Adelaide, Australia
- and my son and his lovely Italian partner will be here from Barcelona
- once the seniors go on exam leave (on November 7th) I shall have time to do all of the Head of Department stuff which has been piling up, and piling up....
- it is the shortest term of the four
10 BAD things about going back to school tomorrow:
- it's Monday
- AND I'll have to get up at 5.50 am
- these holidays have only been two weeks long - not long enough
- I feel as if I haven't done enough preparation
- the weather has been rubbish for most of the two weeks
- I haven't done all of the things on my "to-do" list
- I haven't even done half of them!
- until the seniors leave (see above) it will be full-on, hard-core revision, revision, revision. Hard work and generally unexciting for the teacher :(
- moving house, again. Stress, marital dissension, exhaustion, expense...
- my most senior class (18-yr-olds) will be leaving school to start their adult lives. This particular class contains a number of students whom I have taught in an extension group for 4 or 5 years. They are lovely kids, very bright and focussed. I shall miss them greatly.
Pictures from a visit to The Sculpture Park about this time last year