Saturday, September 8, 2012

Sunday Snapshot

Spring is slowly but noticeably gathering momentum.
On today's walk:

At the lake, the men who play with their toy yachts were out in force



As were the ducks - though sadly, not the two families of 
baby ducks that I saw last week...
 
 

Today's weather is blustery and sunny, with an occasional flicker of rain - real spring weather:



In the garden, there is a flowering tree which is not flashy and spectacular, and which I really like -



Maybe someone out there knows what it is? 
Here's a closeup of the racemes:



The best thing about renting this house, with its huge garden, while we wait for our new house to be finished, is all of the surprises that are happening in the garden as spring moves along. I was delighted to see my favourite flowers in the world, cream freesias, appearing this week:


Enjoy the rest of your weekend, and have a wonderful week!

5 comments:

  1. I hope that someone can identify that tree. It is a real beauty and new to me. Yellow fresias slightly edge out the white ones - but you are so right. They are a delight.
    The green of the first of the willow leaves takes my breath away each spring as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I really like the yellow ones too - but I chose cream ones for my (first) wedding flowers - I just love them :)

      Delete
  2. Very pretty, Alexia.

    Here, a line of thunderstorms came through yesterday morning, and behind them...cold air. Some of the early trees are starting to change colors already.
    ~

    ReplyDelete
  3. That shot of the tree against the sky is just perfect!
    What a peaceful series of pics you have here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a beautiful tree!! i have no idea what it is...but it sure is gorgeous!! i'm sure your ready for spring!! and i'm ready for some cooling off!!

    have a happy week!

    ReplyDelete

It's great when you leave a note!