Saturday, June 4, 2011

Sunday Snapshot 2

(click to see more detail)

This year during my 3 weeks in Italy, I often found myself in museums 
and such places with masses of school groups. 
(It was the same last year in Greece and Turkey; April/May must be 
a favourite time to acquire culture).

One of our guides always said, "Here come the Barbarians!" 
Often she was right....
They ranged in age from elementary to late teens, and they came from all over 
Western Europe and also from the USA.

I took this photo in the Museum of Naples (Napoli). I just love 
their absorbed, riveted interest.


3 comments:

  1. What a cool photo..I want to see more of the museum too! I agree with you on this photo....and after clicking on it for a larger view...it leaves you wanting to know just what was going on in some of their thoughts! Great group of students really! I bet you had the time of your life in Italy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kids are the same, no matter what language they speak or what culture they come from.....:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. the first thing i noticed was the girl in front...hugging...or hanging...who was looking sideways...hmmmm...was she wondering what was under the flowing drape across the man-statue's lap?? ha!
    just kidding!
    KIDS! you just can't get away from them, eh? even on vacation! :]

    ReplyDelete

It's great when you leave a note!