Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Thematic Photographic 146: Aerial

This is probably the most testing theme I've seen since I started participating in Carmi's weekly photographic fun (for other posts see here)




I can't seem to come up with any lateral thinking idea, and I've no pics taken from a space shuttle or an aeroplane...






So herewith some shots taken from high(ish) places: please click to enlarge
An intersection in Barcelona, taken from the roof of Gaudi's "La Pedrera":


Monastery almost aerial, in Meteora, Greece:

o shots of the beautiful blue Mediterranean, from high up n the cliffs of Capri:


And Portofino, taken from the Castle at the top of the town:



Lastly and laterally, Ariel from A Midsummer Night's Dream



Full fathom five thy father lies;
of his bones are coral made;
Those are pearls that were his eyes:
Nothing of him that doth fade
But doth suffer a sea-change
Into something rich and strange

4 comments:

  1. Nice photos ... they make me miss the mountains. Flat lands are so much more boring to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fine for the this week's theme. I liked the Ariel touch. I'm half expecting someone to come up with a photo of a packet of Ariel washing powder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of the things I miss from living in the Boston area is the ocean, and your pictures make me miss it even more. But, as always, a collection of great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You make even the challenging look easy. These photos, diverse as they are, are all uniquely spectacular.

    Consider me blown away yet again - you have such a gift.

    ReplyDelete

It's great when you leave a note!