Saturday, May 28, 2016

Sunday Snapshot



Last week I took a patient to an Eye Clinic in our nearest city. 
We were both amused at this plaque on the ouside of the building:






My Schlumbergera ("Christmas Cactus" in the northern hemisphere) are finally flowering. 
Each one was grown from one leaf:



The one on the right is palest pink. 

I have a 4th one, which should be yellow, but the tiny buds on that one 
seem to be suffering from arrested development!



Have a good Sunday - our autumn has become one in which, 
as Shakespeare says, "the rain it raineth every day".

11 comments:

  1. That sign is a complete hoot. Loving your cacti. I lust after a yellow one here.
    And would welcome some of your rain. We need it. As usual.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you get any collateral rain from the terrible storms in New South Wales? Poor Sydney - and Tasmania, too!

      Delete
    2. We did. We got lots and lots of rain. And lost one person to floodwater.

      Delete
  2. Lovely! I have a Christmas Cactus, it bloomed almost perfectly on schedule in December.
    ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like them. It's not mid-winter yet, so they're early - another 6 weeks to go, yet..

      Delete
  3. Like our spring, the rain raineth daily. I never had any luck with Christmas cactus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This has been my only success, Strayer. I hope the 4th one does bloom, but I'm not very hopeful.

      Delete
  4. How do you tend a flower in arrested development? I've never had a green thumb for these things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know! Ignore it and hope for the best, maybe? There has been a little movement recently...

      Delete
  5. I love the plaque...and your cacti are beautiful, and certainly are not cactus (if you understand my meaning)...they're blooming well. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quite right, Lee - they're succulents of course. I'm quite chuffed with them!

      Delete

It's great when you leave a note!