Thursday, January 15, 2015

Why they need me as a Proofreader


This from the Australian Associated Press, yesterday, about a Rugby League player's recovery - good news, of course.


"NRL: Newcastle coach says Alex McKinnon has stood up on his own"
2:19 PM Wednesday Jan 14, 2015
 
Alex McKinnon.   Photo / Getty Images.
"Alex McKinnon continues to inspire the Newcastle Knights with coach Rick Stone revealing he stood up on his own for the first time since suffering a devastating spinal injury in an NRL game last March…. (he) has returned to Newcastle following rehabilitation in Sydney after suffering the injury in a tackle which left the 22-year-old in a wheelchair.

"He's just finished in his rehab and he actually stood up unabated the other day ... he stood up on his own which is a terrific sort of step for Alex," Stone said."

8 comments:

  1. Stood up unabated? Oh dear. Proof reader (and an education) definitely required...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What about "reovery", is that yours or theirs?

    Unabated seems allowable usage in that sentence, so I'm not seeing it. Must be my bad eyes, not my uneducated self. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks thunder! I haven't heard of that group before...

      Delete
  4. i didn't see that there was anything wrong here until i read the comments. is it 'unabated'? to me, it seemed to fit in the sentence fine. then again...my forte...is spelling...not grammar or wording. i just thought you were showing how this athlete was making an amazing recovery.

    i have to say...every time (esp over the past year, with me being GONE from blogland), that i hear a story that has to do with New Zealand...i think of you!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Laura... but then, I guess I'm the only New Zealander you 'know' ;)

      Yes - should be 'unaided'.

      Delete
    2. yes...you are my only 'New Zealander' :)
      unaided...makes sense...even sounds better! :)

      Delete

It's great when you leave a note!