Sunday, July 6, 2014

This Country: #2

This country has some wild and spectacularly beautiful places; one of the most stunning is Milford Sound, a fiord in the southwest of the South Island, within the Fiordland National Park.

Photo: Craig Potton


Milford Sound is the wettest inhabited place in New Zealand, and one of the wettest places in the world, 
with a mean annual rainfall of 6,813 mm (268 in) on 182 days a year.


Photo: Greg O'Beirne


This is one part of this country I haven't visited yet, but I will one day.

8 comments:

  1. And is somewhere I have longed to visit - and that longing is reinforced by those stunning photos. Wild magic. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Wild magic" - perfect phrase, EC!

      Delete
  2. I don't know if I'd like living with so much rain, but those pictures are spectacular.
    ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you - that much rain would definitely be too much! But I guess that's part of the reason for the spectacular scenery.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful landscape and waterfalls there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not always raining... but I'd hate to make the trip and get a wet day!

      Delete
  4. It certainly does and it doesn't matter what type of weather you're having, it's tremendously beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. Those are just amazing!
    NZ is SO on my bucket list!!! One day!

    ReplyDelete

It's great when you leave a note!