Saturday, February 23, 2013

Sunday

In our part of the country at least, this has been the best summer I can remember for many years. 
It must come to an end soon, but for 2 months or more we have had beautiful blue skies and lovely hot days. 
Some days there has been a light breeze - oh, and one morning we had a shower of rain...

Of course the local orchardists and farmers are sobbing into their expensive Chardonnays and their designer ales - and of course I feel sorry for any stock or crops that are suffering. 
But I must admit I love it.

Waihi Beach, this afternoon

The skies may have been cloudless, but life hasn't been, which is why I haven't been around much, and have posted very little. I still try to read people's posts, though, and I certainly appreciate the Thematic Photographic offerings from all my blogfriends.

Hope to see more of you all soon.


9 comments:

  1. I hope all is well - or at least improving.

    This despite me vehemently disagreeing with you about summer. If too would sob into expensive wine if I could afford it. Bring back winter. Please.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you EC. I would live in a year-round summer if I could!

      Hope all is well with the SP :)

      Delete
  2. It has been a great summer, even down here. The 10-day forecast shows it cracking up on Thursday but Tuesday and Wednesday are supposed to be 28C. Pretty good stuff. Strangely the tomatoes have been slow to ripen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were slow to get started, but now we are having a tomato-glut. That's ok by me - I'm a tomato-glutton :)

      Delete
  3. Glad you had some nice weather to help with the trouble, Alexia.
    ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does make things better, thunder. Thank you.

      Delete
  4. Terrific photo and this line: 'The skies may have been cloudless, but life hasn't been' has me concerned and not a little intrigued. May those clouds soon be blown away by the winds of a lotto win, a big hug and plenty of chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind thoughts - any or all of those things would be great!
      Hope Mr Migraine is staying well away from you, Kath.

      Delete
  5. We've not had the best summer here...floods, bush fires, tornadoes, cyclones and areas of drought...the whole catastrophe!

    ReplyDelete

It's great when you leave a note!