Monday, January 17, 2011

My first award!!


Today I received my first blogging award - from 2 of my blogging friends at once!!! And they came from 2 of my favourite people to visit, Karen at 21 wits  and Galen at 10 steps to finding your happy place

Thank you both so very very much - it's a good feeling to get one of these little presents, especially on a rainy humid morning.

As part of accepting this award, I need to share 7 things about myself:
  1. If I was only allowed one food for the rest of my life, it would be avocado.
  2. I love driving, especially on long road trips, especially by myself.
  3. I couldn't live without music, art and books - and the greatest of these is books ;)
  4. I was born here in New Zealand, of Scottish descent - 1st generation on my father's side, 4th generation on my mother's.
  5. I love travelling, and would travel most of the year if I could.
  6. My greatest desire is to go into space - if I win the lottery, I shall book a ticket on Virgin Galactic and take a trip off this planet.
  7. I'm an English teacher... and I love it - but when I retire I plan to go back to University to do another degree, this time in Art History. Or Geology. :)
I also get to pass this award on, to 5 special bloggers, so here we go. These are all blogs that I love:

Life 101
Doves today
Living the Rural Life
A Paperback Writer
It's the Journey

Thank you again, Karen and Galen.

6 comments:

  1. Alexia, thank you for the award, and even more thank you for appreciating my blog. Tomorrow I'll follow through with my duties and post 7 things about me, and pass the award along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks.
    I've had too much grading to do today, and tomorrow's an academic game, so it might be Wednesday before I can get around to doing my part of this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alexia, Thanks so much. I love your blog.
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of the cool things about getting an award, I've just discovered, is seeing what your recipients say about themselves and then checking out the blogs they pass the award on to.

    I'm so glad you are pleased with the award--so well deserved!

    And how great that Karen and I both thought of you--great minds think alike!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the award, it was a very nice surprise. I'm in the process of giving thanks you and passing on the award...

    ReplyDelete
  6. congrats to you Alexia!! :] you certainly deserve it!!!

    ReplyDelete

It's great when you leave a note!