Wednesday, February 8, 2017

A hat helps...

Thematic Photographic #399 - 'Hat Trick' See more here.

Hats are great (although I can never find one which I feel  
suits me).

Hats can help you concentrate




And sometimes they are absolutely necessary



The Duke of Wellington always wears his pointy hat in Glasgow





And some family history. 

My half-sister was one of the first 'stewardesses' to fly on the TEAL (the ancestor of Air New Zealand) flying boat service between New Zealand and Australia. 


Here, she is second from the back, in a very jaunty hat indeed.




8 comments:

  1. A variety of hats but who gave the Duke of Wellington his hat?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I gather it's a tradition, Bob. The authorities used to remove it, but another one would soon appear.

      Delete
  2. What wonderful hats! I wish I could go to Scotland and see the Duke of Wellington's hat for myself. (I am assuming this statue is in Glasgow, Scotland. Maybe there is another Glasgow somewhere?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, there's only one Glasgow, CH Mom - I would love to be able to go back to Scotland again. Maybe, one day...

      Delete
  3. Alexia, those Scots know how to have fun. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning, what fun hat photos these are! Your first one is really adorable. Enjoy your weekend, we have a long weekend here, with Presidents Day (celebrating the past presidents) on Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful photos!

    http://lucyandtherunaways.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete

It's great when you leave a note!