Saturday, October 3, 2015

Holiday Memories

Earlier this year, I spent nearly 3 months in Europe: my retirement present to myself.  

I have posted quite a lot of photos since I got back, but there are many more which I would like to have see the light of day, so I'm going to try to publish a few every day or two. 

Today's are from Barcelona. 

My son and his girlfriend have lived there for about seven years now, 
and I've been there before; it's one of my favourite cities, 
especially away from the crowded sightseeing spots.





This peaceful spot is the little plaça which my son's apartment overlooks. 
No cars are allowed, and the trees provide much-needed shade. 
The people of the neighbourhood meet for coffee and conversation while
the kids play, there is a community vegetable garden...









On one walk, we paid a visit to the enormous Cementiri de Montjuïc:




"In Spain, the dead are more alive than the dead of any other country in the world."

~ Federico Garcia Lorca

6 comments:

  1. What an absolutely delightful spot. I would really, really like to see cars banned from more areas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, so would I! It made such a difference. On the Sunday I was there, there was an all-day raku design workshop happening, with little kids and their parents decorating and firing pots. Magic.

      Delete
  2. What a place! I'd love to visit Spain someday. Maybe play chess in the plaça,
    ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so lovely. I would be happy to live there!

      Delete
  3. That is a lovely place and without cars too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's gorgeous, Strayer. Lots of people don't bother to own a car, as the parking is so hard to find.

      Delete

It's great when you leave a note!