Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Morocco - Best Moments

I took so many photos during my recent trip that I could post every day for weeks 
and not run out of shots.

Here are a few more Morocco highlights before I 'move on' to the next country.
(Click to enlarge)

Also linked to Carmi's Thematic Photographic 343: "Far From Home"


In the markets, you could get anything you wanted.

Fresh chicken for dinner:



 and olives to go with the chicken:




You could have dental work:
 


or if it's too late for dental work, some replacements:
 



Elementary schools were in session, and welcomed visitors:

 





Some of the hotels were spectacular/unusual/bizarre



But the scenery was always stunning:
 
 




 and daily life was consistently fascinating:




In Casablanca, we got to have lunch at Rick's Cafe. 
I think it was the most delicious lunch I've ever had.






AND of course, there were always storks:


18 comments:

  1. What fun, what darling chickens too, I would probably pass on ordering any there though! They're just too adorable as are the cute children. I'd really enjoy seeing an all hotel post especially of the bizarre how interesting that sounds. Days are hectic around here but I will catch up on all your posts and photos I may have missed. It's so interesting to me. Your photos are so lovely and exactly of all the things I would shoot if I were lucky enough to be there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pictures!

    I'm not quite ready to bring home live chickens to eat, although I do the same thing when fishing.

    I guess I'm landist.
    ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess you are! I could never kill something and then cook/eat it, but of course I eat things other people have killed!

      Delete
  3. Ooooh.
    Magic. So many images to store in your heart as well as the PC.
    Thank you for sharing some of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know if my original post made it through, but here goes again: Eating at Rick's - awesome. All great pictures, the buildings are beautiful and I really liked the school shot. Sometimes it's hard to pick the ten or so best pictures, trying not to make the post too overwhelming. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! No, the other one didn't make it through. I'm glad this one did. :)

      Delete
  5. Alexia, that looks the most fascinating holiday ever! And yes, I think I would pass on the chicken! Not the olives, though I might hesitate to spoil those lovely piles in the market! It all looks quite stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely piles of olives I meant!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sure does look good - I am busting to go there. I am in awe of your photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a brilliant place to visit. You would love it!
      Did you see my camel ride pic?
      http://dreamingofopenseas.blogspot.co.nz/2015/07/home-again.html

      Delete
  8. Great pictures from a place I'd love to visit even if I've left it a bit late.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bob. It was brilliant.

      Never too late!

      Delete
  9. My ex visited Morocco in the late Sixties/early Seventies...and he loved it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I meant to add...back then...I don't know if the same applies today, but it was pretty difficult to take photos....particular of people. They really shied away from having their photos taken...it was a no-no to do so.

      Delete

It's great when you leave a note!